Pages

Thursday 17 January 2013

ASOS Africa A/W '12 Hot List

I love ASOS, especially their 'Africa' collection. It's a wonderful, eclectic mix of paisley prints, florals, grey marl and textured jacquard fabrics. For the collection, ASOS have collaborated with SOKO Kenya to give underprivileged communities the chance to establish sustainable businesses through local craftsmanship. So not only are the clothes gorgeous but the cause is really worthwhile too. Brilliant. I've picked my favourite four pieces:

 
 
1. I LOVE this ASOS Africa jacquard pinafore dress so much! I'm a major fan of the pinafore dress so this is right up my street. The fabric is wonderful - it looks so expensive. The wrap style skirt with the chunky straps are such a cute look. The straps are detachable too, making it a really versatile piece. The dress is £40 which I think is a fab price for such an expensive looking, statement buy. LOVE.
 
2. This ASOS Africa checked peplum shirt is so cute. At £40, it's a really good price for a premium wool blend, classic style shirt. I love it with the matching shorts but sadly they're no longer on the website. I'd wear it for a day at uni with this Topshop Boutique wrap skirt, some thin black tights, some black leather boots, a camel coloured boyfriend coat and a black backpack. Very Blair Waldorf!
 
3. This ASOS Africa peplum dress is so exquisite. It looks designer! The colours are so rich and the pop of blue at the back is really nice surprise. I love the drop peplum style and the fact it's sleeveless. The exposed zip at the back is a sexy addition too! Gorgeous.
 
4. I want these ASOS Africa floral jacquard trousers so much! I'm a bit obsessed with this fabric and the printed trousers are here to stay so they're perfect in my eyes. I'm not that keen on the styling on ASOS in this case. If I was to wear these trousers during the day I'd add a simple white tee like this ASOS 'New Forever' one tucked in; a luxurious coat like this ASOS wool one with PU sleeves; a chunky gold necklace like this Urban Outfitters vintage one; a lady-like bag like this Zara one and some casual boots like these Topshop 'Alert' ones. I'd wear my hair pulled back in a high pony-tail and I'd keep my make-up minimal. LOVE.
 
What do you think of the ASOS Africa collection?
 
Sian x
 


No comments:

Post a Comment