Pages

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Evening Wear at ASOS

I love ASOS. It's a haven full of stylish brands, hot designers and up-to-date looks. I'm forever checking their 'New In' page as they have approximately 1,500 new products introduced each week so you're ALWAYS spoilt for choice. The website is used in over 200 countries and attracts 16.6 million unique visitors each month. Wow!

If I did a post on ALL of the pieces I love from the website, I'd be here all day! So I decided to dedicate this post to evening wear on ASOS as the countdown to Christmas has began. These gems are perfect for Christmas bashes, work parties, glitzy meals and New Years Eve.


1. ASOS maxi dress with low back is gorgeous! It's super simple and expensive looking - at £30 is a complete steal. I LOVE the cut out V shape at the back, it's subtly sexy.  The column style of the dress is lovely, I think if it was super fitted and clingy it would look a bit cheap. I'd wear this for dinner on Christmas day. I'd add a pair of strappy heels - these Zara leopard, studded high-heels (which I LOVE!) would be perfect - and and a chunky gold necklace. This is one of my favourite looks, I love it.

2. Aqua 'Loren' one shoulder dress in orange is such a striking dress! It's available in pink and black too but I think the orange is such a gorgeous colour I had to chose it. It's perfect for brightening up a cold, winter night and adding some fun to a Christmas party. I love the cut of the dress - the asymmetry, long sleeve and draping make it such a unique number. I'd keep the jewellery to a minimum and add a clutch and strappy heels for something special like New Years Eve.

3. Religion 'Olsen' dress is a simple but beautiful dress. I love the thin spaghetti straps - I'm a HUGE fan of them. I think the chiffon skirt with the mini underskirt is such a good idea because you're still covered but your legs can be seen so it's a little sexy. I'd style this dress with some super high shoes or boots like Topshop leopard print 'Lassie' heels or Topshop black 'Arielle2' boots, an oversized clutch, some dark lipstick and lots of silver rings and bracelets.

4. ASOS diamond back midi dress is absolutely divine! I love the bright yellow colour and the tiny beading - it's gorgeous. The length adds class and the cut out back is subtly sexy. A colour like canary yellow will certainly make you stand out in a crowd! I'd add some strappy gold or nude shoes and a gold metallic box clutch. If I was wearing this dress I would also want my skin to look a little sun kissed, a healthy glow and bright yellow complement each other lovely - so get booking your spray tan appointment girls!

5. ASOS 'Art Nouveau' blazer and ASOS 'Art Nouveau' trousers with a simple white vest or shirt is a stylish alternative to a dress or skirt when getting ready for parties this Christmas season. I love a good suit - they're so sleek and sexy. The pattern on the fabric of this one is wonderful and I love how the trousers are cut a little above the ankle - it's the most flattering. I'd probably roll the sleeves of the jacket back a little so my wrists are out and add a chunky, gold watch just to play into the androgynous trend a little more. I'd then contrast this with some kick-ass heels like Zara studded heels and an oversized black, velvet clutch. I'd add some coral lippy, a top-knot and I'd be ready to party!

6.  ASOS jewelled, open back midi dress is beautiful. I love the nude colour with all of the luxurious coloured gems. It's definitely a chic, party dress! Christmas needs a bit of glitz and sparkles so this dress is perfect! I'd add Topshop 'Reflect' heels and a small black, hard box clutch. I'd keep my make-up and jewellery to a minimum as the dress has so much going on, I wouldn't want it to be overkill. There you have it, a sophisticated yet fun work party outfit!

What do you think? What will you be wearing over Christmas?

Sian x

No comments:

Post a Comment