Pages

Tuesday 6 November 2012

American Apparel Hot List

I love American Apparel. I think it's perfect for simple, good quality wardrobe staples like leggings, t-shirts, vests, shirts and hoodies as well as more quirky original pieces like their Disco Pants, Afrika print and patterned body suits. AA originated from LA before expanding into 285 stores across 20 countries. I've picked a few of my favourites to share with you.

American Apparel Shirts/T-shirts/Vests




1. American Apparel velvet crop tee in 'Purple Reign' is such a nice, little top! I'm a massive fan of velvet and that combined with the rich purple colour makes this such a special number. The tight fit really works. I can see this with some high-waisted baggy jeans and loafers for day time chic or alternatively a high-waisted, leather, skater skirt and chunky black boots for night time drama! I love it.

2. American Apparel oversized button-up shirt in 'Bone' is my favourite shirt. It's so lovely. I love the colour, the oversized fit, the big pockets, the chiffon and the long sleeves - it's such a classic shirt. I'm going to buy this shirt soon, it's such a wardrobe staple! I'm going to wear it in the daytime with a sweater, skinny jeans, leather boots and a boyfriend coat. Then for night time I'm going to slip a leather mini skirt and a bralet underneath and throw on a pair of black heeled boots. B-e-a-u-tiful.

3. I've had my eye on the American Apparel stripe cotton spandex jersey turtleneck crop top in 'Crème Black Stripe' for some time now. I know what you're thinking - ANOTHER turtleneck - but I promise they're here to stay for a while and they're sooooo cute! I love the vertical stripe, it's very flattering. I think the fact its spandex is really helpful - it's perfect for throwing some shapes on the dance floor on a Saturday night! Gorgeous.


American Apparel Skirts/Trousers/Leggings


1. American Apparel chiffon full length skirt in 'Black' is gorgeous. I would wear this with a short, body-con, black skirt underneath compared to the longer, flared one it's styled with on the website. For a day at uni I'd add some short leggings underneath instead of a skirt; black, leather ankle boots (the studded Dr Martens in the wishlist item #2 post would be hot); my grey, American Apparel crop top; a black leather jacket and a red Cambridge satchel for a pop of colour. You could dress it up with black hotpants and bare legs; leopard print, heeled boots; a printed, sleeveless shirt tied above the navel so a bit of midriff is flashed; lots of jewellery and a top knot.

2. Now I know these American Apparel Disco Pants in 'Midnight Navy' and 'Black' are seen pretty much everywhere these days but I still really like them! I've wanted a pair for about a year but they don't really suit me very much. Saying that, I still admire and love them. I'd style them rolled up so the ankle is seen with a white, Topshop crop top; brown, suede, wedged boots; a beaded or leopard print clutch and lots of gold jewellery for a night out.

3. American Apparel velvet leggings in 'Black' are such a good item to have in your wardrobe. They go with pretty much anything and they're perfect for days when you need comfort and warmth. They'd look great with patent, black Dr Marten shoes and an oversized, simple, white v-neck tee for a chilled day.

 
American Apparel Tube Bras and Bodysuits


1. American Apparel printed cotton spandex tube bra in 'White Chalk Blue Nouveau Afrika' is such a nice bandeau. I love the pale colours - it's so fresh and light. It'd look nice beneath a thin white vest with a racer back and dropped arm holes.

2. American Apparel printed cotton spandex bodysuit in 'White Black Afrika' is such a good item of clothing! It'd be perfect for holidays abroad with some high-waisted Levi shorts and Converse or sandals. Alternatively, it's gorgeous for winter too with high-waisted, vintage, boyfriend jeans; a white chiffon shirt unbuttoned and tied at the waist; studded boots; a leather jacket; mittens and a fur hat.

3. American Apparel space scape cotton spandex tube bra in 'Navy Splatter' is such a such a pretty bandeau. It'd be perfect underneath thin t-shirts, chiffon shirts and vests with dropped arm holes and racer backs. I love the print - it looks magical!

For more American Apparel visit: http://store.americanapparel.co.uk/. Also, like their Facebook page because they tend to do flash sales quite often which is cool!

Sian x

No comments:

Post a Comment