Pages

Tuesday 6 November 2012

The 2012 Designer Pudsey Collection

For Children in Need this year, Love Magazine editor Katie Grand has organised for 30 international designers and 2 magazines to design one-off Pudsey bears. The 28-inch bears are currently on display at Selfridges in London and Manchester until November 14th. The majority of the bears are being auctioned off on November 15th at Christie's and the others are being auctioned online at the minute. Each bear is completely unique - there is suede, silk, leather, Swarovski Crystals and signature prints. The money made from each Pudsey will go to the charity.

My favourite from these 16 cuties are definitely Giles Deacon, Tom Ford, Burberry and Jonathan Saunders. Don't get me wrong, they're all GORGEOUS but those four seem extra special to me. Giles' Pudsey is embroidered with £20,000 worth of Swarovski Crystals. From afar it looks tatty as though loved and cherished by a child for years but up close it's luxurious and exquisite and I think that's what I love most about it. Tom Ford's Pudsey is SO Tom Ford: a dapper suit, sunglasses and smart brogues. Perhaps that's why I adore it so much. After all, it is the most suave teddy. Burberry's Pudsey is everything Burberry is about. It's quintessentially British. I see quilting, I see browns, I see a cute Mac and I see an umbrella - Burberry in a nutshell. Love it. Jonathan Saunders' Pudsey is bright, colourful and fun. I love the geometric print, which is from their Spring/Summer '13 collection.
 

How cute are all of these bears!? Just like the last 16, I do love them all but I do have my favourites which are Mulberry, Louis Vuitton and Alexander McQueen. I LOVE Mulberry bags so when I saw this bear I fell completely love with it. Mulberry Pudsey was lovingly made in their Somerset factory just like their bags are so there is a real connection between the company and their bear. I love that Pudsey is sporting a Mulberry - classy bear! The Louis Vuitton Pudsey is adorable. It doubles up as an actual bag as it has backpack straps on the back. How clever! I didn't expect anything less from the world's most famous luggage maker. Lastly, is my favourite designer in the world - Alexander McQueen. Ahhhhhh, McQueen Pudsey is the prettiest, most delicate,  whimsical Pudsey ever. McQueen Pudsey is made from cherry blossom jacquard with tiny, gold 3D organza and enamel flowers. Beautiful.  

I suspect when these cuties go to the auction LOTS and LOTS of money is going to be made for Children in Need which is wonderful. A selection of the bears are available for you to bid on now at: http://www.designerpudsey.co.uk/. I've just been having a look and already Missoni, Balenciaga and Pucci Pudseys are on £1001 each and Anya Hindmarch's Pudsey is on £1150. BRILLIANT!

Which are your favourite Pudseys?

Sian x

No comments:

Post a Comment